Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

We had a great trip to Pearisburg for our Thanksgiving break. My mom came to Savannah and hitched a ride up to Hickory to visit with her side of the family. We dropped her off in Hickory on our way up and then picked her up on the way home. We didn't get to spend too much time with her but it was still great to see her and have her help on the long car ride!

It was great to see Barbara and Jim! It's been 2 years since we've been up to Virginia as a family, so we were long overdue. As usual, the food and company were both terrific.

Luke and Kendall had a ball. Out of all the toys Barb got for them, they had the most fun playing in the cabinet below her microwave!?! Jen, Luke, and I also got to go on a hike to the Cascades. I got my exercise hauling about 50 pounds about 3.5 miles up and down the hill, as Luke decided that he liked riding better than walking that day. We had a great day and it really reminded me of the good times Jen and I had back in our days at VA Tech. Jen and I both enjoyed the time with one another and with our families.












No comments: